How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, April 29, 2011

A Relentless God

Today I am rejoicing that the Bible and my own life story are not about me pursuing God. Since, my pursuit of God is inconstant, half-hearted, and crooked. However, God’s pursuit of me is a completely different story. God is everlasting, changeless, and the Great Redeemer. That is what my blog is a record of—the adventures that God takes me on while He relentlessly chases after me more and more everyday. There is absolutely NOTHING God wouldn’t do to make us HIS. On a dark Friday it leads Him to a cross. He endured hell itself because He KNOWS that we are incapable of pursuing Him like we should. Instead, in His great love, Jesus chooses to pursue us instead.



These themes and truths are so heavily on my heart this morning because I wrote a song this weekend about God’s relentless heart for pursuing us to make us HIS. The cool thing about this song (which is new style for my worship writing) is that it is in the point of view of God himself, and the bridge of the song is my (or our) response to his proposal to make us HIS. It is a beautiful song and I still get goosebumps when I sing it. The song is called Mine.

…I out of love
Took your shame
Took away your pain
So you could see
There is nothing
I wouldn’t do
To make you mine…

One of my favorite things about songwriting is not sharing your songs with your family and friends (though that is a close second), but when a song has SO much meaning to YOU that it becomes your go to worship song in your quiet times with the Lord. It makes my worship time that much sweeter when I sing a song to God that I wrote for Him.


These are the truths that I got straight out of scripture that are repeated over and over in the song.

I am my Beloved’s and my Beloved is MINE ~Song of Songs 6:3

Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord ~Romans 8:34-35;37-39

Hopefully, one day you will get to hear the song. Until that day, it will just be my heart song to sing to the Lord!


Over in Ludy World (that what I call Winsor, Colorado where Eric and Leslie’s Bible College is located) they once again out did themselves in creating the most incredible short video on The Gospel EVER. It is amazing. Please take the 11 minutes out of your day to watch this. I promise it will be worth every single minute.

Until the whole world hears,

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment