How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, May 20, 2011

Heidi's May Update

Hello Friends, Family, Brothers and Sisters in Christ, and Stalkers (haha just kidding…),

Last weekend I had the incredible opportunity to give the sermons at my hometown church, Messiah Lutheran. Here is the video for those who asked to see it. Also, thank you for all of you who prayed for me! I felt your prayers and I felt so empowered by God to get up and proclaim boldly the Gospel.



The Good Shepherd by Heidi Johnson from Heidi Johnson on Vimeo.






Many of you asked for the video from the first time I ever preached. I was 15 years old.




Finally, sorry this took me so long to post. I know I told you I would post it like two months ago but here is my performance (with my one of my dearest friends, Savannah on piano, she is INCREDIBLE) on Good Friday singing Via Dolorosa!



Okay and a quick update on my life. I picked up all my graduation announcements this week and my senior picture wallets so I will try to start those on Monday and get them mailed out a week from today. I am going to write a letter (kind of like our family does for Christmas) to update you all in detail on my life, since you guys have all been emailing me asking for details but it is hard to write back to everyone individually. I want to say how much I love all your comments and emails of support and prayers for this crazy life journey God has me on. It means SO much! You are all such an important part of my life.
I am about to leave in a few hours for Seattle. I am heading up to Seattle Pacific University for an all day New Students Advising. I am bursting with excitement. I cannot wait to meet my future friends and classmates!! And register for Fall Quarter…Wow I cannot believe my SPU adventure is about to begin in a few months! I love any reason to make the trip to visit my new home away from home for this coming Fall.


I have two almost finished blogs in the works. The first one that I should be posting Sunday night is about Living Worship and the second one is more of an update on what God has been teaching me lately.


Here is a picture from last Wednesday's Rotary Scholarship Lunch. I received a $4,000 scholarship! I am here with two of my best friends Savannah (to the left of me) and Anna (to the right). We have been friends for a LONG time. So blessed to get to share that day with them (they both got scholarships too!!)

Love & Blessings,


Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment