How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Monday, April 4, 2011

Heart Strings

As I was organizing files on my laptop (Yes, you know it’s 2011 when Spring Cleaning includes organizing and cleaning files and folders on your laptop) I found a blog I wrote in early February, but somehow never posted. I have just gotten back from a 10 day vacation with my family where I turned off my cell, left the laptop at home (no facebook or blog world), and never went close to a TV. Cannot wait to share that adventure with you and some of the things God revealed to me and open my eyes to when I abandoned life’s everyday distractions. I’m working on it!


This blog was titled in my laptop “Heart Strings”. Enjoy!

I always write the best songs deep into the silence of the night. When it is just me and the Lord. When I lay my brokenness and disappointments before Him. And instead pick up the promises I KNOW to be true. Last night, as I was crying out to the Lord, I picked up my guitar trying to some how deal with the craziness and brokenness of life that was burdening my heart. As I started to strum random chords these lyrics came pouring out of my soul…"I know you are for me Lord…Even when I can't see through this storm…I know you're here…I may have more questions than answers…But life’s a mystery to be lived instead of solved...”

I sang those same lyrics over and over again, and that peace that truly does pass all understanding (Phil 4:7) came flooding into my heart. Mending the brokenness. Dulling the pains of life. My friends, all you have to do is hold on to the promises and the truths that are written so clearly in the Bible. The Bible is our love letter, our manual, written from the desk of our Lord.

Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart" ~Psalm 27:14

In this world you will have hardships, trials, and sorrows. But do not lose heart, I have overcome the world ~John 16:33

Jesus, I want more of YOU! Even if it means hard decisions, sleepless nights, tear stained journal entries, and seemingly broken dreams. You are BIGGER than our situations. You are bigger than the world I feel trapped in some days. You have overcome it and you give me the power, courage, strength and grace to overcome it too.

Jesus never promises us that life will be easy. Actually, He promises the opposite. The truth is walking with God doesn’t mean a life without problems but a life overcoming problems. I will not be defeated or discouraged. Jesus Christ is always Victor.

I haven’t ended my blog with a Ludy quote in awhile. I could easily start and end every blog with a quote from either Leslie or Eric. Nevertheless, I have been trying really hard not too. However, tonight I could not say the following any better than Eric Ludy…

“What is a movie without conflict? Where’s the drama without a mountain of impossibility to climb? The very thing that makes for an exciting story is the same thing that makes for a wonderful and amazing life: overcoming the impossible. For life to be fully lived, it must wrestle the impossible and win. For life to be fully lived, the God of the Impossible must be fully trusted with the writing of the script. God wants to blow our minds with His crazy plot turns and last-minute heroics”

No comments:

Post a Comment