How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My 2011 Easter Rap


This is what happens when, after 6 LONG weeks, this coffee addict once again has coffee flowing in her bloodstream. I wrote a rap about the Easter Story at Church. Happy Easter everyone! Christ has RISEN!


On that dark, dark day Jesus died on the cross
He looked at Satan and said Yo, I'm boss
And its hard for me to get it in my head
That Jesus Christ has risen from the dead
I wouldn't lie about this, it is way too big
It’s like getting an A in College Trig
He had holes in his hands and holes in his feet
And He is the one whose keeping this beat
It’s time for me to end this rap
But I want you to know there’s no more gap
Jesus paid the price for you and me
Death has been swallowed up in victory
Now all you have to do is just BELIEVE ~Heidi’s 2011 Easter Rap

Death has been swallowed up in victory.”
“Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ ~ 1 Corinthians 15:54b-56


I will post a more reflected post on my Holy Week Experience tomorrow. However, today I will celebrate with food, fun, and laughter with my amazing family!

P.S This is the BEST Easter ever because tonight is the DOVE AWARDS on the Gospel Music Channel. Bursting with excitement! But first there is a LOT of cooking and eating to do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment