How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Beat of my Heart

Could God be anymore amazing?? Everyday He completely BLOWS MY MIND! He is so wonderful; his love and compassion has my heart on the verge of exploding. I feel like I will burst any second now. My heart is so filled with joy, love, and answered prayers. It’s overflowing; it’s oozing out of me. I can not contain it. It is fire within my soul. I want to shout, dance, and sing Praises to my Heavenly King. I wonder what the busy, studying college students in this quiet library would think. Do they know? Can they not feel the presence of God in this silent library too? Do they not understand? Wake up. Let your eyes and heart be opened to the truth that the Creator of the Universe loves you! That this Almighty God delights (YES, delights) in filling His Children with inexpressible joy! Ahh…it makes my heart sing; the Truth of the Gospel.

I know what Paul was feeling when he wrote Philippians 3:8: “Yes, EVERYTHING is worthless when compared to the infinite value my Lord Jesus Christ. For His sake I discard everything else, counting it as garbage, so I could gain Christ”.

This verse is the Truth running through my veins. Everything is worthless compared to my Beautiful Savior. Money….holds no value anymore,…my possessions….are not going to heaven with me…marriage…beautiful and God given but only temporary…the world…is blinded by darkness…my security…in God alone.

And as much as I love my family and they are such a blessing. God gives and takes away. I would even be willing to leave them to follow my Savior to the ends of the earth. To extreme? Is there such a thing as being to extreme for God? I’m glad God sent his only Son down to die for me, a sinner, even though I’m sure citizens in heaven told Him that was too extreme.

Everything about Philippians 3:8 keeps me from being a lukewarm Christian. How can you be lukewarm when you consider everything in the world garbage compared to Christ?
Yet, I still get caught up in the world. All of it Lies, filled with empty promises, and a joy that is temporary. I get focused on myself and let things become more valuable in my eyes then God. It must break my Father’s heart. It tears me apart to think that I break His heart; that this lukewarm way of living out our faith makes God gag.

“I know all the things you do that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other. But since you are lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. You say, “I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!” And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. (19) I correct and discipline everyone I love.”
~Revelation 3:15-17; 19

Oh how we get so caught up and blinded by the world. We forget that our true treasure is Christ. Not our family, car, house, or stuff. Jesus tells us this way of living makes us wretched, blind, and miserable. But, hope comes in verse 19: God still loves us even through all that ugliness and brokenness.

He loves us so much that He can’t stand to see us live like that. He longs for us to wake up to see things from a Heavenly perspective. He will discipline us to get our attention. Like a loving parent disciplines a child. We all need to be wakened up now and again…some more than others.

What are you willing to do to get on fire for God? Will you do whatever it takes? I would have that question consume your life. It’s what consumes mine. There is so much more than the lukewarm Christianity that many of the churches portray as Godly living. God wants you to be hot, on fire. For you to consider everything worthless compared to Jesus.

The call isn’t easy, but it is so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment