How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And it started in the Beginning...

When the Set Apart Adventure began...

So a little background info...i have always been obsessed with fairy tales! I always wanted to be the beautiful loving princess but as i grew up I learned how hard that was in such a broken world. Until I meet my true prince :)

I know for sure that any relationship I ever have on earth will never match the beauty of my breathtaking romance with my Prince. Our story is a beautiful adventure, better than any farytale I have ever heard or could dream about. I am his beloved. His lily among the thorns. He has called me to share the truth of his wonders and kindness.

To travel the world inviting people to my Prince's Kingdom. I love being the hands and feet of my Prince's work. To stand by His side wherever He goes. He never leaves my side. He protects His darling always. Evil runs from the sound of his voice, no one dare gets in my way with my Prince by my side.

And when a storm comes He fills me with joy and peace and grabs my hand and speaks truth to my soul and it shines through every part of me. My Prince is a jealous Prince, he longs to have my full devotion, attention, heart, and focus.

How can I not give everything I am to the Prince who loved me when I was ugly, covered in sin, a slave to my flesh/myself. He saw me and paid the price for my freedom. It cost Him his own life. But death could not swallow my Beloved, he conqured death, and breathed life into my soul.

He reached out to me and transformed me into his lily white princess (song of songs 2:2), his precious treasure. I couldnt believe he would do all this for me. Who am I to be treated this way? He whispered to my soul, "How beautiful you are my darling there is no flaw in you".

Day by day he amazes me with His love and grace. Everyday I live for my Prince and I help Him heal the sick, love the unloved, give riches to the poor, life to the dead. I watch in amazement as my Prince works His power in their life as He did mine.

Everyday he teaches and shows me how to be a better princess. With patience and love as I make a mistake He teaches me how to learn from them. He shows me how to love and show grace to others. It an adventure of a lifetime.

If you guys have any faith walk metaphors I would love to hear them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment