How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Friday, March 26, 2010

Sacred Sparkle

My life is a thrilling wonderful adventure! I LOVE everything God has called me to do. Just because I love it doesn't mean it’s easy. It’s a hard path but everyday I am learning to trust and lean on God more and more. He truly knows what is best for me and where I will be the most happy.

Everyday I am overflowing with joy. Even when stressed or faced with seeming impossible situations. I thrive on it because I know that it's Jesus' strength and energy working through me to get it all done. I have realized I can not live this kind of life without Him. I am so honored to be a channel in which His love and power can flow through to change people’s lives and the world. It is the most beautiful, fulfilling work! I adore it!

I want to wake up each morning and EXPECT Jesus to guide, direct, speak, and lead my life. My prayer lately has been for Jesus to create in me joy, beauty and a loving radiance that pours out on everything and everyone around me. I want to create beauty all around me- no matter where I am. With the beauty and radiance of my True Love, Jesus Christ. This Savior who brings so much beauty, joy, and love in my life I can't help but want to do the same in the lives around me.

"Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure" Titus 1:15

"Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it." Proverbs 4:23


This past year I have been learning that what matters most to God is where your hearts at. You can do Mother Teresa good deeds but if your heart is not in the right place I think all those good deeds are a waste. If your heart is pure and true the natural outflow will be pure, true and godly things. If I want the things in my life to be pure I must start with my heart. My heart is the wellspring of my life. Everything flows from it. I want to be 100% sure that Jesus is the King of my heart.

God you have called me to impossible task that I cannot do on my own. I need to fully surrender my life (knowing I will never get it back) to you in order to do the things you have called me to do.

"Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die;
save them as they stagger to their death.
Don’t excuse yourself by saying, “Look, we didn’t know.”
For God understands all hearts, and he sees you.
He who guards your soul knows you knew.
He will repay all people as their actions deserve." Proverbs 24:11-12


When I read, "unjustly sentenced to death" I think of...

*Millions of hungry children and orphans in the world. Helpless to find food and they are "unjustly sentenced to death" because of that.

*Child Soldiers in the LRA who are "unjustly sentenced the death" of their souls.

*Victims and Slaves of Temple Prostitution and Human Trafficking who are "unjustly sentenced to death" of their purity and innocence.

*Suicidal Teens/Children who are so unloved, feel unworthy, and worthless that they take their own life. "unjustly sentenced to death"

I could keep writing the list forever. These are just some of the top things that have been weigh heavily on my heart. My eyes have been opened. Now that I know I am responsible.

*Rewrote a quote in my own words and made more directed to my calling. Based on a quote by William Booth (founder of the Salvation Army)*

The day I got the unloved orphans of the world on my heart and caught a vision of all Jesus Christ could do with them, that day I made up my mind that God would have all Heidi Johnson there was. And if there is any power in the Heaven on Earth ministry today, it is because God has had ALL the adoration of my heart, all the power of my will, and all the influence of my life.

The need is great. But the passion God has placed within my heart is strong. He will lead and be with me every step of the way. HIS strength, HIS power, HIS love, HIS energy are what will change the world. Lord, let me be a channel for you to work through.

No comments:

Post a Comment