How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Depending on my Almighty God

Had a fabulous birthday yesterday. So simple and just overflowing with love :) It was perfect!

I want to personally thank everyone who was praying for me as I waited to see if God would change my parents hearts about letting me go to Colorado to the Missionary Orphan Conference there...well prayer truly does move mountains and if God's Will for you is to do something even if it seems impossible let me tell you HE WILL MAKE IT POSSIBLE!!

As you can probably guess my 17th birthday present is a flight to Colorado and hotel and being able to go the Conference! I know if God can make all this happen I have Absolutely NO doubt in my heart or mind and that God will continue to work everything else out.

"Deep in your hearts you know that EVERY promise of the Lord your God has come true. Not a single one has failed!" -Joshua 23:14b

As much as I am so thankful for God and all your prayers I am also so grateful for my amazing parents who have had to go through so many adjustments and learn to trust in God's plans for my life that are not traditional and not what they had planned for me. The love and support from my parents means so much to me because I know they don't always understand why I have to do the things I do (Gosh, most the time I don't even know why either!) This love and support I get from them while I try to live in God's Will and not theirs or my own is the best gift they have given me. I am so grateful and extremely blessed. And I hope they know there love is matched back :)

Read this today for my devotion and it just spoke to my heart...
God Calling:
"Expect to encounter adversity in your life, remembering that you live in a deeply fallen world. Stop trying to find a way that circumvents difficulties. The main problem with an easy life is that it masks your need for Me. When you became a Christian, I infused My very Life into you, empowering you to live on a supernatural plane by depending on Me.
Anticipate coming face to face with impossibilities: situations totally beyond your ability to handle. This awareness of your inadequacy is not something that you should try to evade. It is precisely where I want you-the best place to encounter Me in My Glory and Power. When you see armies of problems marching toward you, cry out to Me! Allow Me to fight for you. Watch Me working on your behalf, as you rest in the shadow of My Almighty Presence."


On a day to day basis i feel like I am being delt things so beyond my ability to handle. But that just it…there is no way I could live the life I am living without Christ. He is the one that gets me through it all. And so instead of feeling lost, confused, tired. I need to realize that Christ is working on my behalf. He wants to help me live this life; to win these daily battles. I have to stop trying to do this on my own strength because it is impossible. I NEED Jesus. I wouldn't want it any other way. This life is not easy. But everyday I am reminded how much I need Jesus in my life. I have to depend on my Almighty God to get me through or I will not get through.

Every day I want to live my life in such a way that I have no other choice but to depend on Christ. That is so hard to do living in a country of abundance and comfort. But it is not impossible. I daily see how hard it is to depend on God here and I am constantly on my knees begging Him to help me stay strong and depend on Him.

"My precious Daughter, there is NOTHING we can't overcome."

I am faced with difficulties that are so beyond me. Yet, God uses me as a channel to impact lives and touch hearts. It’s the biggest honor. I am so unworthy of God using me in this way. Because God could touch these peoples hearts and lives without me. He doesn’t have to use me...but He chooses to use me. I am crying as I write this just realizing how much God loves me and believes in me. How He loves letting me help him advanced His Kingdom.

"Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with ALL the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
" ~ 1 Peter 4:11


Friends, know that God believes in you. God loves YOU! God wants to use you!!! Not because He can't do this work without you but because He loves you and believes in you SO much. I believe in you too. I believe that with God you can change the world. I believe God has plans for your life that are so amazing and an adventure of a life time. Lets us believe and love each other the way God believes and loves us.

"NEVER underestimate the power of believing in someone. And NEVER forget that God is the ultimate Believer. in. YOU!.

Regardless of what has been done. God desperately believes in you." ~Beth Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment