How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Unstoppable Prayer

Amidst the seemingly never ending To Do Lists, papers to be written, exams to study for, Key Club Agendas to write, meetings to attend, college applications to perfect and scholarship interview to prepare for. I still, somehow, find time for a quite time with my sweet Savior and blessed time with friends over coffee to share all that God is doing in our lives.
The number one question I am asked on a daily basis is how do you do it all? What is your secret to this crazy, full, and busy adventure God has set you on?

The answer…the magical equation...the “secret” to living a supernatural existence, accomplishing incredible things without stress and exhaustion….

Make prayer the foundation of your life!!


The greatest weapon God has given us in life is the unstoppable power of prayer. Yet, sadly so many of us take prayer for granted.

I always try to stay in constant communication with God. It is honesty what keeps me from losing it, from letting the stress and the regular demands of my life overtake me. Realizing the battle is not yours and that absolutely EVERYTHING that life throws at you—God will offer you all you need to get through it. Jesus promises us over and over again in the Bible that all we have to do is call out to Him and He will provide us with all the resources of Heaven! What an incredible promise!!

But, still so many people don’t ask Jesus. We complain about our lives. We cry out to God but, have we even asked Him for the victory that is already ours? Every battle in your life Jesus has already won for you. Jesus Christ is VICTOR. If you ever doubt that truth just read Revelation.

Prayer is a never ending reminder that I am in the hands of the living God. He truly does care about every detail in my life and is working out everything for my good (Romans 8:28). Some days I have a hard time understanding that truth, especially the days when life seems to be going all wrong. But, with prayer I can hold on the promise that…

This is all happening for a reason, nothing happens by chance for a child of God”
                                                –Corrie Ten Boom

Prayer also helps me keep a Heavenly perspective on life and the conflicts and issues around me. God shows me to make great things great and small things small; to not prioritize things as the world does but as He does. For example, today my sister was longing for some sisterhood bonding. However, I knew I had a huge paper to write. I fell on my knees in prayer and instantly God reminded me that my baby sister will go to Heaven with me. My English paper will not. We had a great time reflecting and discussing the Godly women we so desire to become. I love being able to help lead her in the direction of a Proverbs 31 woman.

God ended up providing me with the energy I needed to stay up later than usual to get the paper done. When we are obedient to the Lord, He ALWAYS comes through.

My prayer and encouragement for YOU today is to take the first steps in making prayer a major part of your life. Start small and everyday keep increasing the time you spend in prayer. Pretty soon you will be doing it through out your day and it will seem like second nature. It is my secret (not anymore) to a happy and stress free life.


“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God” ~Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment