How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ridin' Solo????



“Today God has called me to be content as a single. So today, I am going to be the happiest single alive!! I am going to accomplish the most for God that is possible because He walks at my side” ~ Melody.

Though the world would say I am “riding solo” that couldn’t be further from the truth. No, no, no I am not riding solo I am riding with God! God is what honestly makes me the happiest single alive. My God is sooo good! He is truly all I need. The Lord God is my everything. I love Him with every beat of my heart, every piece of my soul, every neuron in my mind, and every ounce of my strength. He is my Forever Love! An earthly love story would just be extra and only to be a reflection of the amazing love adventure I have with Jesus!

God has made me a radiant, purpose filled daughter of the Most High King! Jesus is the ONLY reason why the light of God dances in my eyes. HE put it there!! I think Leslie Ludy nails explaining God’s purpose for being single when she wrote:

“In your single years, more than ever, you have the ability to give your life for them; to pour out your time, energy, love, and resources to those that have God’s special favor…the poor (not just poor in money, but poor in spirit, love, hope…). Are you using this gift for the benefit of those in need, or are you wasting it on yourself?”



I believe God has a higher calling for me right now than spending all my time and energy trying to find “Mr. Right”. I will not sit around waiting for my Prince Charming! Instead I will embrace the fact that God wants to use me now! Yes, I believe that he has a beautiful earthly love story planned out for me. But I also believe that I don’t have to wait around for it! God wants me to allow HIM to live, love and touch lives through me right now and to continue to seek Him and find Him to be the GREATEST treasure in the world. Your relationship with the Lord is the most important thing! Everything else will flow out of it!

I started to believe that a Christ-built Warrior Poet man didn’t exist. But oh they sure do! God has been showing me that He has one out there for me somewhere. Maybe you are reading this and have absolutely no idea what I mean by a Christ-built Warrior Poet; well let me explain!

Before I start let me tell you that as a daughter of the King you should NOT (I repeat DO NOT) settle for anything less than a Christ-built Warrior Poet. Know that this person will make mistakes; this isn’t some fairy tale man who is absolutely perfect. However, this shouldn’t bother you because you already have your fairy tale story with a person who is absolutely flawless and loves you like no man on earth ever could…JESUS!

The characteristics of a Christ-built Warrior Poet are...he spends hours on his knees in private prayer and worship of our King, fights for the cause of the least and outcast of the world, pours out his life to build up the Kingdom of God, he will be the initiator and you will be the responder, he will have a deep love, passion and devotion for Christ. His confidence, strength and boldness will all come from God. It will be one constant adventure being with a Christ-built Warrior Poet. You could spend hours with a guy like this and leave not thinking about how great he is but how great GOD is! Just being around him will encourage you to grow closer with Jesus! He will be willing to pour out his life for Christ, but also can express and vocalize his heart and show sensitivity to your world. A Christ-built Warrior Poet is a leader, a man of integrity, selfless, courageous, and compassionate, a pursuer, a protector, an adventurer, a warrior, a world changer, a gentleman and has a personal and close relationship with Christ.



So there you have it…that’s what I believe when it comes to earthly love stories. God will write your love story in HIS perfect timing. But I also know that I may never have an earthly love story. And that is completely okay! I am totally satisfied with God alone. I know His plans for me are for my good. God is for me. Therefore, I will always trust his judgment and plans for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment