How wonderful to be in the hands of the living God. It is the adventure of a lifetime! ~Corrie Ten Boom

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Least of the Least...

Disclaimer: This is my best description of the dream and "vision" I have been having the past few months. Obviously if you know me you know I have not been to Africa, India..etc but God does take me there frequently in my head. What God has shown me is what I am writing about.

I am walking down the streets of Africa, China, Haiti, and India. I see the work of orphanages of all these locations. Children are being adopted into loving God fearing families from all over the world. Yet, I get the feeling that something is missing. As I look around I see a group of precious children looking at the scene as outsiders. These children are not the cute little kids you see on adoption fliers. No, they are hurt, sick, lame, mentally or physically handicapped, HIV positive, Down syndrome; missing arm or a leg...They are the least of the orphans.

I hear the world say: "They are considered to be dead ducks anyways. They are the children without a mommy and a daddy AND not desirable for adoption. Who would want to adopt a really sick child? Why spend the money or resources on these children when they have no hope...no future".

Yet God puts a different truth on my heart...I see beautiful and wonderfully created children with a purpose and a treasured soul. A child that so desperately needs love. These children are the least of the least. And I believe it is our duty as Christians to love them.

I walk down the halls of a Children's Hospital in America and see our sick, lame, handicapped children but they’re smiling, joyful, laughing even though they are so sick, hurting, or disadvantaged. They have parent(s) who love them and hold their hand during blood testing. They have hope in knowing a doctor will do everything possible to give them a longer or brighter tomorrow. They know they can live a happy, purposeful life even with a disability. They are living their lives no matter how short to the fullest and surrounded by love.

I want that for these children around the world. The least of even the orphans. They’re the unwanted orphans. All I want for them is love. To be loved and to know love. I don’t want to give them an earthly future but an eternal future.

“For God’s possible is taught by His world’s loving,
And the children doubt of each”

These children can only believe in a Heavenly Father who loves them by seeing His people love them.

Abba…Father,

How my heart breaks for these orphans. You throughout both the Old and New Testament call your people to love these children, the fatherless. God, show me that I am not a rescuer…I am the rescued. You saw me when I was dirty, sick with sin. I was on a path to death. I had nothing to offer you; I was such a pain: constantly rejecting your love. You never stopped fighting for me and showing me love. I am a rescued child. I have been adopted into your heavenly family. Use me to help rescue more children. Let me love them as you loved me. It won’t be easy but you will give me all that I need to do it. And best of all you will forever be by my side.
Love you!
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment